Iran: Regime says progress made in nuclear talks with US regime after partial closure of Strait of Hormuz

Source: CBC News [Canadian state media]

“Iran and the United States reached an understanding on the main ‘guiding principles’ in a second round of nuclear talks in Geneva ‌on Tuesday, but work still needs to be done, Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said. … After the exchange of documents, the two sides will decide on a date for a third round of negotiations, he said. The U.S. has sent a battle force to the Middle East to press Tehran to make concessions in the decades-long nuclear dispute and President Donald Trump has said ‘regime change’ in Tehran may be the best thing that can happen. Iranian state media reported earlier that Iran would temporarily shut part of the Strait of Hormuz, a vital ​global oil supply route, as it held talks over ⁠its nuclear program with ⁠the United States, which ‌has sent a battle force to the Gulf region to press Tehran to make concessions.” (02/17/26)

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/iran-strait-of-hormuz-nucleur-talks-united-states-9.7093310