Moroccans accuse French tycoon Jacques Bouthier of sexual harassment

Source: BBC News [UK state media]

“Four women in Morocco have filed complaints of sexual harassment against French insurance tycoon Jacques Bouthier. Now aged between 26 and 28, they had been employed by his firm in Tangier. The women said they had been sacked after refusing to give in to harassment and intimidation. The 75-year-old is under formal investigation in France for raping a minor and trafficking. He reportedly says he is the victim of blackmail. Considered to be one of France’s richest men, Mr Bouthier resigned as CEO of insurance brokers Vilavi, formerly known as Assu 2000, last month. On Friday, the Moroccan Association for the Rights of Victims held a news conference about the allegations alleged to have occurred in Tangier between 2018 until April 2022. Some of Mr Bouthier’s alleged victims appeared, wearing face masks and dark glasses to hide their identities, to tell journalists about their experiences.” (06/19/22)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-61851466