Norway: Bow and arrow attack “appears to be terrorism”

Source: BBC News [UK state media]

“A deadly bow and arrow attack in Norway which left five people dead appears to have been an act of terror, Norway’s security service (PST) said. However a motive has not yet been determined. The suspect, a 37-year-old Danish citizen named Espen Andersen Brathen, had converted to Islam and there were fears he had been radicalised. He is accused of killing four women and a man on Wednesday night in the southern town of Kongsberg. … A police lawyer told public broadcaster NRK he would be assessed by psychiatrists. Residents have been deeply shaken by the violence. Flags were flown at half-mast on Thursday while flowers and other memorials were placed in Kongsberg’s main square. The victims were all aged between 50 and 70, regional police chief Ole Bredrup Saeverud told reporters at a Thursday morning news briefing.” (10/14/21)

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-58910794