Nigeria: At least 18 killed in northern blasts

Source: BBC News [UK State Media]

“At least 18 people have been killed and 30 injured in a series of deadly blasts in Nigeria’s northeastern Borno state, officials say. One of the suspected bombings is reported to have killed six people and injured others at a wedding ceremony on Saturday. The state’s emergency management agency said the suspected suicide bombers attacked a wedding, funeral and hospital in the town of Gwoza. Borno state has been at the centre of a 15-year insurgency by Boko Haram Islamist militants, which has displaced more than two million people and killed more than 40,000. Boko Haram gained international notoriety in 2014 when it kidnapped more than 270 schoolgirls from the town of Chibok, also in Borno state. Authorities said 18 deaths had been confirmed on Saturday, a toll that included children, adults and pregnant women.” (06/30/24)

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cgrlkj9l443o